Seven Mighty Little Organs - and Mr Bone!
It’s never too early to start learning about your body. That’s why we’re backing the launch of The Orgamites - an exciting new project that aims to get younger children thinking about how their bodies work. And, of course, making them laugh a bit too.
The main objective of The Orgamites is to raise awareness and public acceptance of organ donation worldwide so that it becomes the default position when anyone passes away. Their organs can then deliver life enhancing and life extending support to several other people.
The shortage of organs available for children is particularly critical. The Orgamites are therefore a crucial tool in helping the educational process in order to lead to greater acceptance of organ donation, and thus availability of organs for transplantation. At present, whilst many people understand the importance of this, it is nevertheless swept under the carpet; death and its consequences are not subjects that many people feel comfortable with.
The Orgamites will be used to break through this barrier by helping people, especially children, to confront and learn about the problem in an amusing and engaging way, hopefully on a daily basis. Over time, children growing up with this concept will pass the message on to the next generation, helping to make organ donation the social norm.
The Orgamites will also become an ongoing support for organ donation at no cost to those who are dedicated to spreading this valuable message.
What makes The Orgamites intervention so unique?
• The Orgamites make it easy for parents to discuss this vital topic with their children. If we talk about the problem and discuss the solution, then together we can find a way to Let Love Live On
• The Orgamites are race and religion free; they have no affiliation or denomination
• The Orgamites can reach children in a variety of ways: through engaging videos, toys, apps and, most importantly, through our Tools for Schools programme
• The Orgamites are at the heart of an ongoing campaign in support of organ donation. Please help us in our mission to spread this valuable message to a wider audience
• To find out more please visit the website: www.orgamites.com
The Orgamites would love your help in raising awareness for organ donation. Here are some of the ways you can help us:
- Share a link to Orgamites.com on social media
- Change your profile pic to Heart for a day (or even better, a week). Click here to download the profile pic.
- Speak to your family and friends about organ donation. Ask them if they have signed up.